playMaker

Author Topic: Need help in 2D platform running and jumping transition.  (Read 1681 times)

Atomboy

• Playmaker Newbie
Need help in 2D platform running and jumping transition.
« on: November 15, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »
Hello all, i am new to Playmaker and have a blast! However i am hitting a brick wall now... i have stuck on this problem for a couple of days now :(

I have a character motor + platform input controller set up on my collision box which is a parent of a poly plane character (with my texture which i am going offset it to make it look like it is running)

I have the event to set 'Get key down - Left' it will send event to my poly plane and my poly plane have states to set texture offset to make it look like it is running until 'Get key up -Left' then my texture will be set back to idle state. Everything is alright until i try to add jump animation.

I did the same thing however, only one set of animation will trigger at any one time. If i move left and hit space to jump at the same time, it will only trigger my move left state animation but it will still jump only it look weird. If i hit space jump and nothing else it will work but i want to make the state to animate jump works even if it is running and when landed it will continue to trigger the move left state animation.

Anybody can help me with this problem? ;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Need help in 2D platform running and jumping transition.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
Hi,

Are you trying to do this in one single Fsm? that could be the issue. you need to seperate features, so that they can run concurrently. Have an Fsm that deals with moving, and another specifically for jumping.

bye,

Jean