PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Movie audio not playing

(1/2) > >>

joduffy:
Hi guys,

I have a movie texture with audio but I cannot seem to get the audio part to play at all.

Do I need to do anything extra besides adding a movie texture?

I have tried movie texture audio settings and adding an audio source to the gameobject but no luck.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

-- What platform are you publishing too? Are you sure you have the right sound codec and all?

-- Can you preview the movie in Unity? does it has sound there?

I seem to remember I had to mess with sounds indeed. Can you try triggering the audi track manually? does that work?

bye,

Jean

joduffy:
I can get the audio to work if I use the Movie audio action and put an audio source on the object.

The problem is that it now plays the first 1-2 seconds of the audio over and over again(when I press play in unity3d)until i click the movie gameobject. Then it will play the audio and movie fine.

I am using the Vuforia plugin to make it and AR application. But I am just testing it in playmode at the moment.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I don't think its related to PlayMaker isn't it?

bye,

Jean

joduffy:
Hi Jean,

I re-created the scene so that it is not in AR and the same problem is there.
I also can only get the sound to play by adding the 'audio source' to the movie gameobject and putting the movie clip in the audio source.

I also have the 'movie audio action' working alongside the 'play movie action'.

What is the setup I should be using to play the movie? Maybe I am doing it wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version