playMaker

Author Topic: Issues with using source files for Game Design with Playmaker  (Read 3693 times)

ricke

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi there.  I'm new to Playmaker (just purchased today) and I'm having trouble using the assets for the Game Design with Playmaker tutorial series.  I followed the instructions on the wiki page (https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1182) where I created a new project, imported Playmaker (I included it as an asset on project creation), and imported the tutorial package.  I'm using Unity 5.3.5f1 Personal.

After doing so, I end up with a couple errors in the console for the RandNumButton.js script that states: "The name 'PlayMakerFSM' does not denote a valid type ('not found')."

Also, most of the scenes have numerous missing script references in the scene objects (e.g. Treasure_Chest_Anim and PlayMakerGUI on the 02 - States Example 2 - Open and Close scene).  Could this be related to the GUID issue discussed in this topic (https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1254)?

I'm just wondering if I've missed a step somewhere... but the instructions appear straightforward and I've gone through it a few times now, same results.  ???

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)  Thanks.

merries

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Issues with using source files for Game Design with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
Along with his difficulty above, I started going over the same tutorial and working on Light Switch and my GUI buttons do not appear, I know there has been GUI changes in Unity, is there something new that needs to be done to get a GUI button on screen? Thanks

ricke

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Issues with using source files for Game Design with Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 09:37:36 AM »
I figured out my problem here... due to my noobish Playmaker skills.   ;D

I didn't setup the project correctly for Playmaker use before installing the source files.  I thought that including Playmaker as an asset during project creation was enough.  However, I didn't realize that you have to install Playmaker in the project after you have included it.  Oops.  After installing Playmaker, I included the source files and everything looks happy from what I can tell... I looked at several scenes and ran them, it all works fine now.

I was given a message after importing the source files that some obsolete APIs were used.  I let Unity upgrade them and haven't noticed any issues from it.  Hopefully this can help anyone else who makes the same mistake as I did.  :)

@merries - I had no trouble running the Light Switch scene after getting the project setup properly, the button showed up fine and worked correctly.