playMaker

Author Topic: 2D Physics Based Platformer Tutorial  (Read 82326 times)

coffeeANDsoda

Re: 2D Physics Based Platformer Tutorial
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »
Spawn for each set position. Therefore, each set position action for each new FSM added to the player including a on trigger event. I am only asking this based on your scene example. So yes, currently the respawn and death trigger do not have FSMs on my end.

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2015, 12:50:38 PM »
Posted a new episode of the tutorial series, on how to create weapon system, cheers :)

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
Posted a new episode of the tutorial series, on how to create weapon system, cheers :)

So with that tutorial, you can set up FSMs to collect and switch from weapon to weapon?

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2015, 01:01:45 AM »
at this moment no, but you can modify it so it will be able to switch weapon.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2015, 03:04:56 AM »
I guess it's something I will have to do some more research on.

I had this issue recently, with trying to have a object set up to create falling prefab objects that made the player respawn without turning the player into a prefab. Can that be done? Because it will only let me use prefabs.

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2015, 08:22:13 AM »
I'm sorry, but I didn't quite understand the question, could you explain it a bit more clearer?

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
I'm sorry, but I didn't quite understand the question, could you explain it a bit more clearer?

I have a game manager, it enables another FSM object, that FSM object creates wheels like in the image above. Here's the problem. When I made the wheel a prefab, I made a FSM for it to reset the players position, except I can't do that because it is restricted to only prefab GameObjects. And the player isn't set up to be one. So it's only a gameobject in a scene.

Like when whenever you want to do anything in playmaker, like specifying gameobject, I can only do that to prefabs because the wheel is one. Therefore, no objects in the scene objects window, like when you want to choose whether or not it's scene objects OR prefabs.

So heres my question. Is there a way to make a prefab object respawn/set a non-prefab gameobject's position? Like the player?

Hope that makes more sense to you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 05:24:32 PM by coffeeANDsoda »

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
well in that case, in the prefab fsm you will need to create a gameObject variable, and then perhaps use "find game object by tag" action to find the game object with player tag in the scene, and then store the result to the variable before, and use that variable to reset its position.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2015, 11:29:51 PM »
well in that case, in the prefab fsm you will need to create a gameObject variable, and then perhaps use "find game object by tag" action to find the game object with player tag in the scene, and then store the result to the variable before, and use that variable to reset its position.

Theirs find Find Game Object. Tried that, and not only it wont collide to the player with a player tag, I get a weird console message about UnityEngine.GUIskin.

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2015, 12:05:57 PM »
just uploaded the 8th episode, covering on how to create enemy. Cheers :)

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »
New Episodes on the first post for the 2.5D Series, which is part 9 cover Deploying onto Android Device. cheers :)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2016, 11:39:33 AM »
Hi,
just upping this back to 1st page. this is one off the better tutorials for beginners.

mirautaj

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2016, 05:49:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to do the 2D Sprite Based Platformer tutorial and everything else is working just fine, but the player has low gravity.

Here's a video to show you what's happening
Thanks

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2016, 10:21:10 AM »
@mirautaj: I see on your project, the vector x and y is set to 0, try enabled the equal sign (use parameter option), and make it set to none, see if its working....

mirautaj

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »
@mirautaj: I see on your project, the vector x and y is set to 0, try enabled the equal sign (use parameter option), and make it set to none, see if its working....

That worked. thanks!