playMaker

Author Topic: arrayMaker and photon server  (Read 2332 times)

joduffy

• Here to help
    • Online Playmaker Courses
arrayMaker and photon server
« on: December 14, 2013, 04:26:31 AM »
Is it possible to sync the arraymaker over a photon network.

I know you can do individual variables but is there a way to sync a full array?
What I am hoping to do is fill the array full of vector3 variables and send that information over the network rather then do it individually.
- Jonathan

Online Playmaker Courses available at:
http://courses.jonathanoduffy.com

“I want the world to be a better place because I was here.”  -  Will Smith

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: arrayMaker and photon server
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »
Hi,

in theory, you could, by writting a bit of code, but I would not recommand this at all.

Can you describe what you are after? Maybe there is a more appropriate approach.

bye,

Jean

joduffy

• Here to help
    • Online Playmaker Courses
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 09:54:56 PM »
Its part of the kinect scripting I am doing.

I have the kinect working with playmaker but I am now testing the kinect photon and playmaker.

As the kinect tracks the number  of joints and maps them to an avatar/gameObject I wanted to send this information over the network. So the kinect joint data which is all the positions and rotations of the joints.

This way you could enter a room were each player controls a character.

I am also trying to do a version of skype using the above system. But is it possible to network sync materials over a network?

Would you like to see my kinect scripts and give me feedback before I release them? Maybe you and Alex might want to check it out?
- Jonathan

Online Playmaker Courses available at:
http://courses.jonathanoduffy.com

“I want the world to be a better place because I was here.”  -  Will Smith

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 05:27:21 AM »
Hi,

BOLD :)

I have the kinect, so yes, you can pm me, I'll have a look when time permits. Make some videos to tease us!

Ok, I think you are over thinking this, and I would test first using a very simple rig where each Kinect position are actual dummy objects with nothing but just a photonview, by default it will sync the transform, and so it's all there for you already without any effort on your end.

Then, add on top of that some smoothing and lerping and whatever, but do that either in each of these dummies, to actually set another dummy, so you would have a "Raw Kinect Transform" and a "Smoothed Kinect Transform", the RKT would have the photonview synching the transform, and you would have your SKT gameobject getting that position and lerp it out to apply it to self, and this SKT would only exists if RKT "IS not mine".

Does that make sense?

bye,

Jean