PlayMaker Feedback > Feature Requests

Group PlayMaker Actions applied to states into Categories or Folders

(1/4) > >>

joeyjr:
I would like to be able to group all my PlayMaker Actions that I have assigned to various states into categories or folders that I can name so that I can organize all of them in a meaningful way.  For example I would like to place all my actions that pertain to playing back a movie with sound into a group or folder named "Video Playback" and group all actions related to sound effects and music into something called "Audio", etc. 

I have just found that the more I use PlayMaker, the more complicated and cumbersome it gets to keep track of everything I have applied to dozens of states on many different game objects.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

If you are talking about your own custom actions: You can simple inject a string instead of the default set:

--- Code: ---[ActionCategory("My own category")]

--- End code ---

It will then appear in the actions browser amongst the preset categories.

Where you actually place your custom actions in the playmaker/actions/ folder doesn't matter, you can create subfolders at will.

Bye,

Jean

qholmes:
yes i was not sure what this post meant either.. But yes i have created all my own categories so i dont have to go looking for them..

Q

Proton:
I think he actually means the actions on the states themselves.

I thought I read that 1.2 gives the ability to give an alias to actions on a state. So if you are using an iTween action on a state, you could give it an alias of 'Open Door'. Then when you come back to it later you know right away what that action is doing.

His idea would take it a step further and allow folders to group actions. So you would have a folder on a state called 'Open Door'. Inside there would be an iTween and an Play Audio.

qholmes:
Hmmm i like that.. Although for the most part my States are already broken up into individual THINGS that they do.. I cant imagine having States that are complicated enough that they are doing that many things.. but maybe i am just using States in a different way or my logic is just simpler.

Q

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version