playMaker

Author Topic: Is it possible to hire someone at Hutong to help with bugs?  (Read 1574 times)

Red

Is it possible to hire someone at Hutong to help with bugs?
« on: December 17, 2013, 04:47:23 PM »
I'm asking this because I'm getting closer and closer to alpha release and I've been getting a handful of bugs that I simply do not know how to resolve... And some of these bugs are game-breaking bugs too (so, big deals.)

I don't have too much cash available but I do have access to some revenue that I can pay with if the option is available to see about contracting someone from the Hutong staff to help with the FSMs to figure out what needs to be done to fix these issues. Asking this because I think this might be a rather involved process and I wouldn't want to leech off of people and capitalize on their time without adequate compensation.

... Reason I'm asking is because I've been coming up against bug after bug and a good deal of them are intermittent (and I suspect some of them are linked to some actions taking too long to complete or not completing at all before going on to the next phase.)

if the price is right I'd like to ask this... Whomever it is that is able to will certainly get full credit listing for testing and programming/coding but this is one of those "this is breaking my game" things that needs to be either resolved or at least I need to find a way to know whether I should abandon some of those features because I can't afford to just abandon the game entirely because it's not working properly (this is at least three years worth of work... so, there's a lot invested that I simply cannot abandon this.)

Sorry for the impassioned post, as you can imagine this is a very big source of frustration and anxiety for me since my deadlines cannot be pushed back too much longer unless I want to risk losing the potential audience I've been trying to build up.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:48:59 PM by Red »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Is it possible to hire someone at Hutong to help with bugs?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:01:49 AM »
Hi,

I am currently in a position where I can not realistically take more work in, I barely can keep up with the pace currently.

Hopefully someone will step in. Building a consulting service for playmaker members to benefit from is something that comes to my mind more and more these days, so if people on this forum feels they can provide quality support ( that means both technically and humanly), I would really like to see hands being raised.

Meanwhile, I would try to define these bugs very precisly, then get back to me, and I'll have a read and try to do my best to help you within the time I have.

bye,

Jean