playMaker

Author Topic: Missing set for CollisionInfo or am I missing something?  (Read 2881 times)

Krileon

Missing set for CollisionInfo or am I missing something?
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »
CollisionInfo only has "get" so it's not possible to "set" the collision info so the get collision info action can be used. With raycasts for example you want to set RaycastHitInfo so the raycast info action can be used. I want to do the same for collisions, but CollisionInfo is missing "set". Is there a function to set this or can you add "set" for next release?

Krileon

Re: Missing set for CollisionInfo or am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »
Any feedback regarding this? Would this be counted as a bug or intended?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »
When a collision occurs then the data is set automatically.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Krileon

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »
When a collision occurs then the data is set automatically.
Only for specific usages and situations. I wrote SphereCast, CapsuleCast, SphereCheck, CapsuleCheck, and OverlapSphere actions. OverlapSphere returns an array of colliders. I want to set the FSM collider to the first collider that OverlapSphere returns. To do that CollisionInfo needs a set the same way you can do it with RaycastHitInfo.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »
Right now CollisionInfo set is private. I'll make it public in the next update...

Krileon

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 08:24:42 PM »
Right now CollisionInfo set is private. I'll make it public in the next update...
Awesome, thanks! :)

Including my physics cast actions encase anyone is curious. Note I do not include tooltips or documentation links in any of my actions. They're all designed to mimic real API usage so just check Unity script reference.

Following included:
CapsuleCast
CheckCapsule
SphereCast
CheckSphere
OverlapSphere

Just a disclaimer: I do not have time to provide support. Please don't hammer me with questions, usages, etc.. I can't do it. I just don't have the time between my full time job and working on my own projects. If you run into an issue, you can post it here but I probably won't ever fix it unless it directly affects my project. All of the above are tested and I use OverlapSphere quite extensively. There's no license for any of these.. use however you like (can clean up with tooltips and include in next PM release if you want).