playMaker

Author Topic: 2D Trigger Event [SOLVED]  (Read 9835 times)

Metapoch

• Playmaker Newbie
2D Trigger Event [SOLVED]
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »
Hi All,

Trying to build a 2D project and I've run into an issue with the Trigger Event action. What I'm trying to do is build a similar trigger to the M2H Jump Game where the camera follows the player.

When using a Box Collider 2D on an object, the action gives an error saying the Owner requires a RigidBody or Collider. I've tried using normal colliders and it works fine.

Am I missing a step, or will this be something fixed in another revision? Or there's no real difference between 2D and normal body/colliders?

Thanks in advance for your help!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:36:24 PM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: 2D Trigger Event
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 02:29:31 AM »
Hi,

Physics 2d requires everything to be setup for 2d, so you need a physics 2d component and a collider 2d component as well, you can't mix 3d and 2d physics and colliders on the same object.

bye,

Jean

Metapoch

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 05:11:28 PM »
Hi Jeanfabre and thanks for your response.

The issue is more around the "Trigger Event" action requiring a RigidBody/Collider and not recognising the 2D versions in the GameObject Component. I have attached a screen shot.

Is this a setting for Playmaker actions to see physics 2d components? Or is this at a project level? I created the project as a 2D project and and reviewed the Project Settings > Physics 2D but do not see what I could change to make this work.

kathode

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:58:49 PM »
I ran into this too with mouse pick actions.  You essentially can't use mouse picks on 2d colliders in Playmaker (as far as I can tell) because it doesn't recognize them as being colliders.  It sucks.  I had to resort to C# to get done what I needed. I will look into making some custom actions for it over the next week or two.

Hopefully the Hutong folks are looking at the 2D physics stuff for future updates.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:33 AM »
Hi,

It's all there already :) Indeed, Unity 2d physics needs its specific actions for this. You can find them all in that package:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1150

you will have then access to actions such as "Trigger 2d Event" which will behave the same as "Trigger Event" action, but for 2d physics based objects.

Bye,

Jean

kathode

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
What?? Thanks jean, this is great!  I hope they add it to the basic Playmaker package soon if they haven't already.  I spent a great deal of time implementing workarounds because I didn't know this existed.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
Hi,

Always check this add on page, there is a lot going on there.

also, check the trello addons board, you'll get the current status on Addons work.

https://trello.com/b/1VSKPLcT/addons

bye,

Jean