playMaker

Author Topic: 2d Box Colliders won't work with Playmaker  (Read 2335 times)

G-Kaiser

• Playmaker Newbie
2d Box Colliders won't work with Playmaker
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »
I am not sure if this is a Playmaker or Unity problem, but for some reason I cannot get my 2d Box colliders to work. I have a 2d character and a an empty Game Object acting as the wall. Needless to say, but just for clarity both have 2d Rigidbodies and 2d box colliders added. Every time I move the character to the wall it goes through it and I get a debug log saying OnCollisionStay2d False then it will display OnCollisionExit2d False once the character gets to the other side. I cannot get the character to stop and not go through the wall. Is Playmaker not fully compatible with Unity 4.3.3? What can I do to correct this?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:58:58 PM by G-Kaiser »

failtruckz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 2d Box Colliders won't work with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:41:41 AM »
I'm having the same problem (but with triggers).   I did some testing and discovered that if I set at least on of the object to be Kinematic = false the colliders/triggers work fine.  This wont work for me however, as I don't want physics to effect the objects at all.  I just want to know when they are touching (or close to each other).

failtruckz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 2d Box Colliders won't work with Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:19:01 AM »
I've looked into this and found a few things out.

1. if a 2D rigidbody is set to Is Kinetmatic it will ignore all OnCollisionX events.
2. there is a bug in unity 4.3 that means that any 2d Rigidbody set to is kinematic will ALSO ignore all OnTriggerX events (which is incorrect).

Hope this helps!