playMaker

Author Topic: Applying a texture loaded with WWW  (Read 1829 times)

jsr130130

• Playmaker Newbie
Applying a texture loaded with WWW
« on: March 17, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »
I am having difficulty dynamically loading a new texture with WWW and applying it to an object. I have tried loading the new texture into a texture variable and that works OK, but when I try to use set texture, the variable does not appear as an option. The WWW doc blurb references a "named texture" but it is unclear what that means. This functionality is critical to my project. Any ideas?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Applying a texture loaded with WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 02:05:01 AM »
Hi,

Can you make a screenshot of where the variable does not appear as an option, what action you are using to set the texture on an object or material?

Bye,

Jean

jsr130130

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »
Attached are screenshots. The WWW action stores the result in a global texture variable. The next action is a Set Texture on a cube GameObject referenced by a global object variable. When the "Named Texture" setting is clicked, the texture global variable does not appear as an option.

jsr130130

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 01:25:21 PM »
FYI - I tried using Get Material to set a global material variable to use as the target of the Set Material Texture action with the same result. I still cannot reference the texture variable set in the WWW action.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 02:03:29 AM »
Hi,

Can you paste the url, I'll try, maybe the texture is not sent from the server in the right format.

Bye,

Jean