playMaker

Author Topic: Actions no longer remember changes after playmode  (Read 10956 times)

Amimoller

• Playmaker Newbie
Actions no longer remember changes after playmode
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:19:50 AM »
Hi,
We have a serious issue with playmaker in our project.
After some time, playmaker seems to forget any further changes you make, I think its related to having been in play mode.

If I make a change to an action and switch to another FSM and back, that change will be forgotten. The only way to make it work is to restart Unity. It happens with Prefabs and Instances.
I have tried both the latest beta and normal 1.7.6 but it still happens.

Unfortunately i cant reproduce it in a simple test project, (our main project is gigabytes of data) so i was hoping someone else might have the same problem.

Cheers
Jonas

Amimoller

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Actions no longer remember changes after playmode
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 04:28:39 AM »
I noticed that i sometimes get this error:

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Type,HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ObjectPropertyDrawer].TryGetValue (System.Type key, HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ObjectPropertyDrawer& value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:588)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ObjectPropertyDrawers.GetObjectPropertyDrawer (System.Type objType)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmVariable.DoValueGUI (UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean isAsset)
FsmComponentInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Packages/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmComponentInspector.cs:156)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:850)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Not sure if that could be related, we do have a couple of custom inspectors in the project.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:45:22 AM by Amimoller »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
Hi,

It will be difficult to debug. Do you notice some improvement if you turn them cusotm inspectors off?

bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »
Are you using the 1.7.7 RC6 Beta?

There is a bug in 1.7.6 with the editor losing changes with Lock enabled.

Jbro

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:28:55 PM »
I'm getting the same problem. Can't keep variable changes in the FSM after playing.  How can I download the latest RC? If bug remains I'll upload my small project as a bug report

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »
Are you using Lock in the Graph View? The next update should be available very soon...

Jbro

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:25 PM »
Not using the inspector lock function, no.

HOWEVER, I was messing around trying to find a workaround, and I got rid of the issue.

I don't know why, but after I deleted "Particle Playground" (Asset from store) from my plugins folder everything worked. Interesting.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 11:04:54 AM »
Interesting. I'll download Particle Playground and see if I can repro the bug here...

Amimoller

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:10:21 AM »
I just tried with the lastest RC and its still a problem. Im also pretty sure it has something to do with having been in playmode.

I also still get that propertydrawer exception, I havent had a chance to remove our custom ones and see if it helps. Ill try if i can find some time for it.

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »
We also seem to be having the exact same problem as Animoller.

We dont get any of the errors that Animoller gets though. We arent using any Locked FSMs and we are also on the latest Playmaker version (1.7.7.1), so it cant be that glitch either.

We do also have Particle Playground though just like Jbro so it could be that, we have deleted it from our project and will test out if Particle Playground is the culprit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:14:29 AM by SkobbejakGames »

MUX

• Playmaker Newbie
    • @stefstivala
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
same thing here. started to happen right after particle playground installation..
side note - i think it happens mostly with hard-coded values. flipping to a variables and pressing save a few times helps. it's a bit erratic.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:57:38 AM by MUX »

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
Yes, just confrimed that it is Particle Playground as Playmaker seems to run perfectly now that I have removed it from the project folder. I will contact the creator of Particle Playground and just inform him that his package causes conflict with Playmaker.

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »
Just left the author of Particle Playground a message just inform him of the bug. Hopefully this can get fixed soon as we really need both plugins.

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »
The author of Particle Playground says that he is in contact with Hutong Games and they are trying to sort out the problem.

Unfortunately he isnt able to reproduce the problem in a new clean project, so I will try and see if I can get a small project set up tomorrow that recreates the bug.

If anyone else is able to replicate the bug please send a project over to the author of Particle Playground (Unity username: save).

Im also starting to think it might be the custom inspectors as Animoller mentions he is getting the same glitches but he doesnt seem to be using Particle Playground and he is receiving errors showing conflicts between some custom inspectors as Playmaker and Mr. jeanfabre mentioned.

So I wonder if it could maybe be the custom inspectors in Particle Playground as they are quite intricate.

dark3d

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
I am having sort of the same problem.. When changing a value in an action, as soon as it focus off of it the value returns to the previous value.. this happens with prefabs as well.. Only way I can get them to work is to shut down unity, restart and immediately change the value.

Also, having problem with sometimes the Actions and Global Variable windows not opening when pushed. To fix I also need to restart unity..

Using Playmaker v1.7.7.1
unity 4.3.4f1

Thanks hope this gets fixed soon.. its not a huge deal but sort of annoying. Heh