playMaker

Author Topic: Enable Behaviour not working[SOLVED]  (Read 2912 times)

Alatriste

Enable Behaviour not working[SOLVED]
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
Hi again,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find a solution for my problem in previous posts.

I'm trying to disable the mesh renderer component of the player for a few seconds, but I cannot manage to make it work using the Enable Behaviour action. I'm probably missing something in the setup. The player's mesh is always visible.

In the component field I dragged and dropped the mesh renderer component. In behaviour field I tried different things but nothing worked.

Anyone?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:02:51 AM by jeanfabre »

elvis75k

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
    • nRender
Re: Enable Behaviour not working
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:04 AM »
I would use set property instead. This work for me especially when the parameters are displayed in the inspector, just drag the render behaviour in the active state and play with the variables there.

Alatriste

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:34:09 AM »
Thanks Elvis! It worked like a charm. I am be curious about the behaviour action though. Let see if someone can tell me how it suppose to work.

And on top of that... What's the best way to make a blinking effect? (like enable/disable several times the mesh renderer component of the object) I was trying to do it as you said, set property disable -> wait -> set property enable, but it seems that the set property action takes place inmediatly, and then after, the wait. I thought the actions were played in sequence.

Thanks!

elvis75k

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
    • nRender
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 02:48:33 PM »
Let me know if this can help
https://db.tt/SPcNMcfl

Alatriste

Re: Enable Behaviour not working [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »
I owe you a beer, Elvis! That worked perfectly fine. Thanks a lot for that. :)