playMaker

Author Topic: [solved] Empty FSM causes UFPS to enter continuous shooting  (Read 2223 times)

cdutoit

• Playmaker Newbie
[solved] Empty FSM causes UFPS to enter continuous shooting
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »
Hi -

I have a weird issue which I'd love some advice on. This is not even specific to playmaker actions for UFPS, its more like some weird conflict

1. I import UFPS and Playmaker into a project. So far so good.

2. I play demo scene 1 on UFPS, no problem.

3. Then in demo scene 1, I just add a empty FSM to one of the cubes in the scene. I do nothing in the "State 1" of the FSM. Just a truly empty FSM.

4. PROBLEM: Then I run demo scene 1 again and when you shoot the weapon, the weapon doesnt stop shooting. It's like on some "auto fire" mode.

5. Disable FSM (uncheck) on cube and problem persists!

I've tried creating a brand new scene and the same thing happens. It's just easier to show you via demo scene 1 in UFPS.

In summary, the moment I add a FSM to a gameobject with UFPS, the gun doesn't stop shooting. To be clear, I'm adding the FSM to a regular cube. Nothing to do with a UFPS object. And the FSM doesn't have to be empty to see this issue. Even if I add some states, I have the same problem.

Has anyone run into this? Or do you have any recommendations as to what I should check?

Thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:19:52 PM by cdutoit »

cdutoit

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Empty FSM causes UFPS to enter continuous shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
SOLVED. Found the solution over at the UFPS forum:

http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/443/#Comment_443