playMaker

Author Topic: Camera movement, touch swipe gesture  (Read 5219 times)

Dangereager

• Playmaker Newbie
Camera movement, touch swipe gesture
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:24:47 AM »
Hi!

I wonder if someone could help me. I want to make a camera movement, left and right with a touch swipe gesture. Any ideas?

regards Daniel

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Camera movement, touch swipe gesture
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:39:59 AM »
Hi,

Can you precise?

do you want the camera to rotate its point of view left and right? or translate left and right? do you want the swipe to be dynamic or just used as a trigger to perform a predefine animation of the camera?

bye,

Jean

Dangereager

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
Hi Jean,

Thanks for your respond.
I want the camera to translate left and right. The idea is to have a parallax movement in still images. I want the movement to be dynamic, and with an easy in when the movement stops.

Regards Daniel

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 07:22:42 AM »
Hi,

ok, so you want actuall to have dragging, not swiping. Swiping is more like the IOS home screen paging solution, where as I think you may mean a simpler dragging system, not related to a real "Swiping" gesture implying maybe stopping as a very specific spot ( like the next page)

For this ( in both cases), I recommand using Input.Touches.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W961

it has playmaker support, and so you can receive drag or swipe events and use the associated info action to know the delta drag, which  is the amount by which you need to translate your camera.

Experiment with this and get back to me if you have still issues binding the camera with Input.touche system.

you can do this without any addon, but that's more advanced, and so I recommand going for the easy way here.

bye,

Jean