playMaker

Author Topic: Installation Problem for Playmaker[SOLVED]  (Read 3880 times)

Frofidor

• Playmaker Newbie
Installation Problem for Playmaker[SOLVED]
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »
I'm new to installing packages for Unity from the Asset store so I could be making a user error but after many hours of looking for an answer I could not figure this out. After some time I realized in the root Playmaker folder of the imported is the Playmaker.dll file. This file did nothing and I had been ignoring it trying to figure out how to actually make the interfacing show up at all, but nothing was working.
It wasn't until i started noticing that when ever i clicked on the Playmaker.dll file it was giving me an error that says:

"Unable to open Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll: Check external application preferences"

I can't figure out what this means and after several re-imports and even a clean install of unity, this problem keeps happening.

Any help would be great.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:31:35 AM by jeanfabre »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Installation Problem for Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:20:12 AM »
Do you have a Playmaker menu item in the Unity main menu?

Frofidor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:26:38 AM »
No? Which menu is this? I installed the package right from the store and I haven't seen any menus pop up on how to use it or how to bring in new tabs or windows for the FSMs or any of the interface.

Frofidor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »
Ok so, I'm not sure what I did differently this time but when I started Unity,the Playmaker menu was visible this time. The last few times I started up Unity it was not within the main menu at the top and I had no way of using any of the interface from anyway that I could tell. Hopefully this was all just a small error.