playMaker

Author Topic: How do I set up this kind of GUI in Playmaker?  (Read 5636 times)

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
How do I set up this kind of GUI in Playmaker?
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »
Hi, I am totally new in Playmaker, and I am stucked here in making this GUI. In a first person controller game, when I press an object, I want a menu show up and the camera will be paused, how could I stop the camera turnning around, and just keep the game pausing, and just choose the menu? Thank u for helping me. I have been stucked here for two days, and could not think any solutions, HELP ME.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:10:06 AM by lolonoa »

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How do I set up this kind of GUI in Playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:47:07 PM »
I have solve the prpblem, I add a scale time to the object, and it works, but when I want to come back to the game, I still have no idea how to do that, could any one can help here?

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
    • Permaximum Betty
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
I have solve the prpblem, I add a scale time to the object, and it works, but when I want to come back to the game, I still have no idea how to do that, could any one can help here?

Use scale time again, but with a value of 1 (default)

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
yes, thank you, I have already made it, you are the first one who help me, good thing will happen to u, and one more thing could Playmaker can make some GUI animation, like when u press the button, it will fly out and new buttons fly in, something like that?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »
Take a look at the GUIElement samples in PlayMakerSamples. 3 Buttons shows buttons sliding in and out.

You can also animate individual fields in GUI actions (e.g., use a float variable to control x position, and animate that variable using one of the animation actions).

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 07:59:52 AM »
thank u, but I can't see the sample on the web, errors happen when i see the sample,it says :The content was stopped because a fatal content error has been detected, but the picture still can help me, very good advice, thank u. ;)

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 08:32:57 AM »
After some tries, I still can't understand, cause I can't see the web player, is there a video to show how to set up the button? Thank u.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:11:41 AM »
You can find the 3 Buttons samples in the Playmaker install: PlayMakerSamples/TestLab/GUIElement/3Buttons

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »
Thanks u so much for helping me here, and I have checked the sample sence, it is very nice, and one more problem comes to me, how could I add a Quit game order by using Playmaker?