playMaker

Author Topic: trying to customize the getaxisvector action  (Read 1725 times)

mister d

• Playmaker Newbie
trying to customize the getaxisvector action
« on: February 03, 2014, 08:45:39 AM »
hi , im trying to make my character climb, got it pretty much working but i need to be able to set the input axis plane based upon the hit normal of my raycasts. now i can only choose xy, yz, xz. im trying to modify the getaxisvector action cause i need input based relative to the camera.
any help?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: trying to customize the getaxisvector action
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
The axis input is just values, it will never change based on the character, the orientation of anything is irrelevant to the Axis Input's until you start telling your control system how to apply those inputs into the character to make it move, thats where you start to define directions and decide what to do with that raw input value. What makes the difference is how you use that data.

Sounds like you might just need to change your affectors / character controller to be working in Self Space instead of World Space but it definitely depends on how your camera orientation is working. Can you give some more information on whats happening?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

mister d

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: trying to customize the getaxisvector action
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »
im using the "quaternion from to" action to allign the physics based character with whats hit the closest to him and setting the velocity accordingly to make him stick to the surface. the problem is i want it to be as dynamicly as possible. and im trying to make movement relative to the camera in every position. not all the climbable objects  are alligned just to the xy or zy plane for example. i have to use space self to get the right movement but thats never properly alligned to the camera view. ive been working(messing around really) on this all weekend now and im still not any furhter in what im trying to achieve. everytime time i think ive found it, theres just something that isnt working correctly.