playMaker

Author Topic: android refresh location  (Read 3516 times)

benflock

• Playmaker Newbie
android refresh location
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »
hi!

brand new here

so far loving playmaker!

trying to get a simple app to track a location, using the example i can get it to load a location but not to update, i'm sending the location to a guiText and its not updating ...

i'm on a samsung galaxy note
any thoughts?

cheers

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: android refresh location
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:35:40 PM »
Hi and welcome!

What do you mean "location", how do you get this information, and what example are you refering to?

bye,

Jean

benflock

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »
hi Jean

i'm trying to access the location data from the handset, ideally the GPS, i've been trying to use the 'getLocationInfo' - after using the 'startLocationServiceUpdate'  -
i coded it myself and then also used the provided example (in PlaymakerSamples/testLab/device)

i'm trying to send the data to TextGUI just to debug directly on the device and check that its updating, but on the app finding the location data i get one update and then the data doesn't seem to refresh - or at least the gui doesn't update..

do you need to code a loop into playmaker - or should the action keep udpdating data until told to do otherwise?

thanks a lot

b

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 10:59:47 AM »
Hi,

You will need to update the data manually yes. so for example, every 5 seconds, loop to your state that checks and then you'll get the new position and will be able to show that new position.

bye,

Jean