playMaker

Author Topic: Call Method on store component in FSM Template  (Read 3147 times)

dfranzi

• Playmaker Newbie
Call Method on store component in FSM Template
« on: February 12, 2014, 07:00:50 PM »
I have an FSM template that I am programmatically adding to newly instantiated FSM components at runtime. This template has a state which attempts to dispatch a 'Call Method' action to a specific component of the object. At the start of the FSM template, I store the component I will use in an Object variable.

The problem I'm running into is that the PlayMaker editor shows the Call Method as having an error - specifically an invalid behaviour. The behaviour I'm using here is the component stored initially on start in my FSMObject variable from the template. If I run the application, everything functions as normal, however. Is there a way to do this setup without having PlayMaker complain about the error? Is the error valid and should I be doing this a different way?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Call Method on store component in FSM Template
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 03:09:06 PM »
It sounds like a false error... can you submit a bug report and attach a small repro project? The Bug Reporting section has info on how to submit a bug report...

Thanks!

dt1000

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:16:52 AM »
Did this bug get fixed? I am having a very similar issue...

grimmy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 05:47:55 AM »
Me too. I'm getting a 'Behaviour is Invalid' error even though my method is public and my arguments all match up. Anyone?

ahren

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »
I think there is another tread here with the same problem, but call me if I'm off track...

Basically at design time the Call Method referenced object doesn't exist so the action error checking [which chains out to DoCache() to validate the instance], gets a null object exception that it catches  and returns 'Behaviour is invliad'.

Should work fine at run time, but does tend to clog up your error log while developing.  :o

A

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 12:34:05 PM »
Sorry, forgot to update this thread, but there's a fix here:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=7526.0