PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

How to backup Fsm ?

(1/1)

vonpopov:
Hi,

I would like to know how (if it is possible) where the script i did are stored into the project files ?

Sometimes i am deleting a lot of what i did, improving it so i would like to know if there is a way to "backup", my whole project fsm, or object with fsm , etc

Alex Chouls:
There are lots of backup options in Unity:

Copy the whole project. This is the most fail safe method.

Export selected assets in a unitypackage. This is good way to transfer assets between projects since it keeps object references. Checking "Include Dependencies" will make sure you grab everything the asset needs.

The data for a single PlayMakerFSM is stored in the component itself. So you can export the GameObject it's attached to in a unitypackage. Sometimes FSMs can reference Templates and Global Variables, so it's a good idea to include those too.

These are all good options, but I also highly recommend setting up a version control system for your project. This will make it easy to see what you've changed, revert to earlier versions etc. Once you start working with version control you will wonder how you ever worked without it!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version