PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Go to previous or next state

(1/2) > >>

aydinu:
Hi

I have a scene where instructions appear on screen and with clicking on objects in the scene I go through these steps/instructions using PlayMaker. All is working fine but I want to create 2 buttons (next and previous). Next will go to next state and previous button to previous state:).

I have searched on the forums on how to use this Go to Previous state but without luck. I don't have a lot of experience using PlayMaker but getting there:)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Lane:
GoToPreviousState goes to the last state the FSM was in, it can't be used to backtrack through multiple states.

If your button path is linear then its just a matter of telling the buttons to fire events that go to either the next or the previous state by making transitions to them. If it's not linear, then I think you would need to keep track of the path the user took and reuse that information when going forward/backward.

aydinu:
Thanks for the tip and I will try this out. It will be just linear

Aydin

aydinu:
Ok this what I have got and don't know how to continue from here:(
How do I make the buttons fire events that go to the next or previous states with the transitions as you mentioned? IS there an action that I need that can do this?

Thanks

Aydin

Lane:
Have you seen this tutorial video?

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmVI9fT6Cuo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version