playMaker

Author Topic: Get Controller Collision Flags - problem detecting with UseOwner  (Read 3694 times)

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Get Controller Collision Flags - problem detecting with UseOwner
« on: September 04, 2011, 01:27:23 AM »
Hey,
I've run into a problem (or possible bug) with the Get Controller Collision Flags action.
Basically I'm creating an AI behaviour so that when a character hits a wall it turns around and walks the other way. When I have this action on an engine object, it works perfectly, the collision flag for sides reads True when it hits a wall, and I have the character walking the other way without any issue. However, when I try to add the same FSM to the character object itself (so that I can use the character as a prefab), and detect collisions with UseOwner, it stops functioning, the collision flag for sides never changes to True, even when it most definitely is hitting a wall.

Would love some assistance on this as it's pretty much a core mechanic of my current project.

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Get Controller Collision Flags - problem detecting with UseOwner
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
Tried putting the FSM on a child object of the character, same issue, won't detect the collision on the character. Maybe something to do with space being treated differently as children of an object??

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »
Do you have a small sample scene that you could send for me to look at?

Not sure what you mean by an engine object? Do you mean when testing it on something like a cylinder primitive? Does the character object have the same character controller setup?

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Hey Alex,
By engine object I mean just an empty object with the majority of my FSMs on it to keep things organised.

I'll whip up a trimmed-down scene and send it to you, where should I send it? And do I just export a package and send that off to you?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:24:30 PM »
You can zip the project or export a package and send it to the email in my profile.

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 12:22:46 AM »
Sent! Many thanks.