playMaker

Author Topic: Making a jump pad object in Playmaker.  (Read 3103 times)

coffeeANDsoda

Making a jump pad object in Playmaker.
« on: February 24, 2014, 01:02:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo37JWE6b5o

How would one made a object in-game make the player jump in playmaker? Like a trampoline effect?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:17:56 AM by coffeeANDsoda »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Making a jump pad object in Playmaker.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:03:39 AM »
Hi,

make it with a collider, when the user touch it you will received a "COLLISION ENTER", then add a vertical force to the object thet collided ( using the action "get collision info" to know which gameobject collided with your trampoline. Use "Add force" to add a force.

bye,

Jean

stafa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:43:32 AM »
Hi,

make it with a collider, when the user touch it you will received a "COLLISION ENTER", then add a vertical force to the object thet collided ( using the action "get collision info" to know which gameobject collided with your trampoline. Use "Add force" to add a force.

bye,

Jean
Hi, I'm also trying to make a jump pad. Do you mind showing a screen shot on how to get that set up? I'm trying to make a jump pad for a 2d platformer, and I'm putting a Collision 2D Event which goes to another state with Get Collision 2d Info and Add Force 2d, but it's not working the collision isn't even triggering.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:43:33 AM »
hi,

what is your character made of? is it a rigidbody or a "Character controller" with a "character motor"?

bye,

Jean

stafa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »
hi,

what is your character made of? is it a rigidbody or a "Character controller" with a "character motor"?

bye,

Jean
I'm not sure how to answer this question. I mean, I'm using a character controller script but my character also has a rigid body attached.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 07:50:21 AM »
Hi,

I think you are mixing 3d physics and 2d physics here. They are not compatible.

first: make sure you can detect 2d collisiong and trigger properly. then tackle addin avertical force when you detect it.

bye,

Jean