playMaker

Author Topic: itween move to  (Read 4527 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
itween move to
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:01:53 AM »
I have a child object that is the parent of some others... I am trying to use iTween Move To to slide it out when i click on another object... When i move it in the editor it needs to move by x -.05   but that does not work and when i fill out the coordinates it moves to a crazy place.. If i use iTween Move By then i have to put in  Z -1.25 to get it to move to the proper position.. the scale factor is 1/25.4 so the math works out... but why does it take into consideration the Scale factor at all? And why the wrong axis?

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: itween move to
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »
I just confirmed it with two basic cubes.. If i scale the two cubes differently and one is a child of the other then the iTween Move To does not work at all....

I dont get this? Why does iTween break down here?

Can i reset the xform or something for these objects?

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 01:29:30 AM »
So Move To Transform works... but Move Towards works the same as iTween..

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
Just tried two new non scaled objects.. one as a child and i can not use iTween Move To on the child...

Am i crazy?

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:10:41 AM »
So after messing with it.. it is totally obvious that the Self Space does not work... It only references World Space so as a child you loose your reference location to the parent object...

I assume that is a bug.............. i leave for holidays in 10 hours....... ajigfhaopiahgoiqgnfo

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »
Ok so i dug into the Action and read up on iTween Hash Tables.. because i have sooooo much time on my hands.. NOT.

Anyway..  ;D

The Hash table in the Action Move To uses "SPACE" as a Property But there is no Space Property that i can find.. At least not in this version.. It uses "islocal" Sooo if i modify the iTween code to build this Hash Table Property it works.. So i assume all the iTween Actions need to be updated.

Q

invention7

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:53:50 PM »
I just upgraded by 1.1 project to 1.2 and all my iTween MoveTo actions are not functioning properly.  Is this a possible culprit?