playMaker

Author Topic: Photon folder recreates (AGAIN)[SOLVED]  (Read 1738 times)

TheDreamMaster

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon folder recreates (AGAIN)[SOLVED]
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
Hi,

This is the second time I had this problem and I cannot seem to fix it. I delete the Photon Unity Networking folder, build an android app and during the process the Photon folder gets recreated (the progress window says compiling scripts when this happems).

I have tried many things to no avail: Restarting unity, rebooting, deleting playmaker folders (which also get recreated btw). I am using Unity 4.3.4f1 and playmaker 1.7.7.1, Windows 7 64bit.

When it happened last time it was with Unity 4.1.2 and i think playmaker 1.6.x.

Any ideas? I am stuck not being able to deploy an android build.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:28:02 PM by TheDreamMaster »

TheDreamMaster

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Photon folder recreates (AGAIN)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:13:47 PM »
Oh one more thing, the folders (photon and playmaker) get recreated after I delete them, switch to another application and come back to unity. Unity recompiles and they get recreated.

TheDreamMaster

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Photon folder recreates (AGAIN)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:31 PM »
Ok I found the problem.

For whatever reason Monodevelop locks both the PlayMaker.dll and the Photo3Unity3D.dll files. This is what prevents unity from deleting the folders form the project (the folders plus the dlls persist, so Unity recreates the folders and these two files int he structure).

Because I always load unity along  with monodevelop, rebooting didnt help.

I hope this helps others that might encounter this same problem. I am still not sure why mono locks these dlls.