playMaker

Author Topic: A little Shuriken help need please  (Read 2538 times)

Splankton

A little Shuriken help need please
« on: April 01, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »
Hi, just a simple question, if I have a prefab that holds a particle system, how in Playmaker do I enable the particle in a state?
I've tried dragging over the component into a state, then choosing Set Property and picking something like enableEmission to true, or playOnAwake to true, but it doesnt seem to trigger my particles.
So, if I have my particle system set to PlayOnAwake = disabled and I only want it triggered once, how can I do it?
Thanks

Derphouse

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: A little Shuriken help need please
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »
Where did you put your FSM?
Is the particle system a child of some gameObject?

I'd say you could just activate the particle system as a gameObject, but it depends on where your FSM is.

Also, I think if you change the property of PlayOnAwake when the game begins, it doesn't register, because Awake already ran(I think..)

Splankton

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »
Where did you put your FSM?
Is the particle system a child of some gameObject?

I'd say you could just activate the particle system as a gameObject, but it depends on where your FSM is.

Also, I think if you change the property of PlayOnAwake when the game begins, it doesn't register, because Awake already ran(I think..)

Thanks for your help.
I have the FSM on the prefab that contains the particle system. Must be something to do with the prefab?

Derphouse

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
Just to be clear, you have a prefab that IS your particle system, or you have a parent object with a child particle system?

Splankton

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
Just to be clear, you have a prefab that IS your particle system, or you have a parent object with a child particle system?

I have a prefab that get instantiated and it contains the particle system and the FSM that triggers the start of the particle. There are no parents/children gameobjects.
I know it must be something simple, I just thought maybe there is something in the set property of the particle component that can be used to enable/disable.

Derphouse

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 03:11:10 AM »
Well it sounds like you might have accidentally kept PlayOnAwake disabled?

Just make sure to only disable the Emission tab, if you want to enable it through Set Property in the FSM.

Instantiating a game object and enabling PlayOnAwake after, will not give you what you need.