playMaker

Author Topic: Junk from Nekoyoubi (HBDDB!, Zombs, Easter)  (Read 7024 times)

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
  • I scribble syntax, paint pixels, carve faces, and
    • Nekoyoubi Games
Junk from Nekoyoubi (HBDDB!, Zombs, Easter)
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »
Absolutely nothing special, complex, or noteworthy, but I was really excited to see some PlayMaker in action, and so I made a digital birthday cake for DannyB (http://bit.ly/eEAFik) with no code at all.

I spent less time on the random disco lights, candle blowing (LMB), random candle color application, and sound playing combined than I did on the stacking of the layers of cake. ;) You've done some truly amazing stuff here.

I did get stumped trying to figure out how I could modify the properties on the candle's particle emitter (i.e. apply horizontal force on LMB), but I can post about that separately if need be.

=======================================================

Zombs (http://nekoyoubi.com/zombs) is another test of mine for seeing how much PlayMaker I can cram into a game (or game likeness) without writing any code. It's nothing as impressive as the flagship 48-hour game or anything, so please expect very little/nothing.

So far you can shoot lasers, throw rocks, invert gravity, reset if you fall, etc. Again, nothing fancy, but this is at least evolving.

Oh, and it has no end goal for design, so it's literally whatever comes to mind or what people have asked me to make it do. As it is not my only project, I can't guarantee constant evolution, but I can say that PlayMaker is seemly pivotal for me at the moment, so this is getting a lot of attention (on top of the day job, of course) so you can expect to see a lot of updates.

P.S. Please don't judge me on my resources. A lot of what you will see and hear are inside jokes, or may require some explanation to make any sense (like the random bunnies in the middle of a laser-gun fight... or my wife's voice saying "pew" as the laser shot effect.  >.>)

=======================================================

For Easter 2011 (http://nekoyoubi.com/easter) I put together a mini-game that lets you toss eggs into baskets and keep a score. It was something I did for my kids for the holiday, so don't expect a challenge or anything. It took me roughly six hours total to make, but that's including all resources and figuring out how and what I even wanted to do.

All-in-all, it's really just another excuse to show off how you can write entire games in Unity with zero-code (and it's a great gift to give 7-year-olds). There was a custom action written for this, but only because I jumped the gun and didn't realize that PlayMaker already had an action that I needed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:53:30 AM by Nekoyoubi »
- Lance @ Nekoyoubi Games (nekoyoubi.com)

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: Junk from Nekoyoubi (HBDDB!, Zombs)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
Hello!

Thanks for sharing your tests!!

Could I add your Zombs test to our Facebook page?  I'd love to show folks what others are testing and learning on Playmaker.  Even with random bunnies and inside jokes  ;)

I loved the "pew" sound effects btw...

;D

Vanessa

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
    • Nekoyoubi Games
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »
Absolutely! Feel free to reference anything I post. You guys have an amazing product here, and I've been singing the praises left and right to everyone I come across who's interested in indie development. If I could be a showcase to that end, I'd be honored.

Also, I am about to start a mini-game for Easter 2011 (for my kiddos, of course) as well. I can post that here when I'm done if you'd like. I had just kind of expected to be stacking onto this post instead of making new ones every time I worked on a public PlayMaker project. Please let me know if that's not how you want this organized. I just didn't want to spam.

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »
Absolutely! Feel free to reference anything I post. You guys have an amazing product here, and I've been singing the praises left and right to everyone I come across who's interested in indie development. If I could be a showcase to that end, I'd be honored.

Also, I am about to start a mini-game for Easter 2011 (for my kiddos, of course) as well. I can post that here when I'm done if you'd like. I had just kind of expected to be stacking onto this post instead of making new ones every time I worked on a public PlayMaker project. Please let me know if that's not how you want this organized. I just didn't want to spam.
Hello!

Feel free to spam us with new projects!  There's nothing wrong with having a new post for each new project! I suppose it's easier for folks to find!  You don't need to be conservative in your posting ;-)   

hope that answers your question!

V

Nekoyoubi

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
    • Nekoyoubi Games
Re: Junk from Nekoyoubi (HBDDB!, Zombs, Easter)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 01:54:27 PM »
Well, then Easter 2011 will by my last posted project on this thread.

I will probably have something else up here to show over the weekend (possibly even tonight), as I intend to pick up a license to RageSpline and possibly do some streaming of me fumbling through that with some PlayMaker running the show. ;)

Thanks for the update, though. I will be sure to spam mercilessly henceforth.