playMaker

Author Topic: Having trouble getting a simple volume slider to work  (Read 1660 times)

Mysterian

• Playmaker Newbie
Having trouble getting a simple volume slider to work
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
Hello all.  After doing some reading here in the forum and in the manuals, I went about on creating a volume slider for my game's options menu.  Unfortunately, I feel that I've hit a bit of a wall and would like to ask if I missed anything. 

Here is how I proceeded, step by step:

1. Created new scene in Unity

2. Created empty GameObject, added Audio Source from componement menu

3. Attached the .mp3 music file where it says Audio Clip in inspector

4. Added FSM to the empty GameObject, called it Volume Slider

5. Created a float variable called Volume, set value to 1

6. In action browser, added GUI Horizontal Slider, set float variable to Volume, Left Volume 0 and Right Value 1

7. Added Set Audio Volume from action browser, left everything default, but checked Every Frame

Slider looks great on screen, functions when grabbed with the mouse just fine.  Music plays just fine, but the volume does not change when I slide the slider to the left (it starts all the way to the right).

Did I miss anything in my process?  Much help would be obliged.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:27:54 PM by Mysterian »

Mysterian

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Having trouble getting a simple volume slider to work
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:03:49 PM »
Hello all,

I've managed to isolate one of the areas giving me trouble, which is SET ACTION.  Using the Heartbeat tutortial in the sample scenes available for download, I plugged in various sound effects and it seems the slider is working properly.

Is there a way to use SET ACTION without including repeating Delay function?  Or at least an equivalent?  Thank you!