playMaker

Author Topic: Asset store is unresponsive within Unity  (Read 4637 times)

LeftyTwoGuns

• Playmaker Newbie
Asset store is unresponsive within Unity
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:07:55 PM »
Opening the asset store in Unity is extremely unresponsive. It's so slow that it's just about unuseable. The webpage for it works just fine for me but in Unity it's pretty much useless. Apparently it is a common issue for other people using Unity 4.0 and I don't think Unity has even said anything about it. I haven't found a fix for it.

This is a problem because I want to purchase Playmaker and I also want to download the Mecanim example scenes from the store so I can work with Playmaker's own Mecanim demos.

My questions are: does the in-Unity asset store have to be working for me to install and use Playmaker and is there anywhere on the web I can download the Mecanim example scenes?

Marsh

• Comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable
Re: Asset store is unresponsive within Unity
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Dont quote me on this but I believe you can buy PlayMaker from this website and download it via a link in the email. (I purchased it via the asset store so not 100% sure.) Have you tried clicking the buy link on the web page? It opens Unity but perhaps that will work better.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:17:11 AM »
I've found that the asset store is much slower if you're not signed into your account. Are you signed in? Either way you should let Unity know (email or on the unity forums).

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:08:45 AM »
The Asset Store is pretty sporadic with its performance.. I often just use the website online to browse for assets and stuff, then click the Open In Unity button when I'm ready since that is a direct link and lets you skip some of the issues you might have opening it in the Editor. Its much more consistent on the website.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D