playMaker

Author Topic: How do I make this with playmaker?  (Read 3062 times)

dabaq

• Playmaker Newbie
How do I make this with playmaker?
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:33:10 AM »
Hi.

I saw this video:
I couldn't find any video of (objects that fracture into pieces when they are hit by something) in playmaker, so do you know if its possible?

Best regards

Vern_S

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How do I make this with playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:14:00 PM »
This Add-on is listed in the playMaker wiki and says it's been tested with playMaker.

Fracturing & Destruction

Hope this helps.

dabaq

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 02:30:03 PM »
This Add-on is listed in the playMaker wiki and says it's been tested with playMaker.

Fracturing & Destruction

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. However the addon your linking is 60$, I had hoped it would be possible without paying for something extra.

pottering

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »
Yes it can be done, actually some 70% of that tutorial is Blender.

What he does is create (in Blender) a base solid cube, then a fractured version of the same cube.
Then he creates a script (he actually does this in the beginning of the vid) that (when the base cube is clicked) destroys the base cube and spawns the fractured version in the same place.

There are actions in Playmaker that destroy and create objects, so it is doable.

(The physics and the script to make the pieces draggable come with Unity)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:06:21 PM by pottering »

dabaq

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
Yes it can be done, actually some 70% of that tutorial is Blender.

What he does is create (in Blender) a base solid cube, then a fractured version of the same cube.
Then he creates a script (he actually does this in the beginning of the vid) that (when the base cube is clicked) destroys the base cube and spawns the fractured version in the same place.

There are actions in Playmaker that destroy and create objects, so it is doable.

(The physics and the script to make the pieces draggable come with Unity)

Thanks pottering, will try your method.

However i found this free fracture asset that doesn't require blender:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/7193

If i attatch the asset to a cube, it breaks when it hit something. I've tried to add a FSM to when i click the mouse, it would trigger this collision, but it doesn't work. Any idea what could be done?

pottering

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 06:10:06 PM »
However i found this free fracture asset that doesn't require blender:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/7193

If i attatch the asset to a cube, it breaks when it hit something. I've tried to add a FSM to when i click the mouse, it would trigger this collision, but it doesn't work. Any idea what could be done?

I played with that fracture asset a little bit, just adding force to the fracturable cube does not break it, seems it needs a "real" collision from another object.
If you add a lot of force it just propels into the air and only breaks when it hits the ground or other object.

I found no way to create a "fake" collision from nothing with Playmaker just by clicking... (But I am just a beginner, maybe someone could correct me here)
Of course you can use Playmaker to script some objects to hit the cube.

Also, it seems to need quite a little bit of force, I think it is configured to simulate some kind of soft stone? Just a tap does not break the cube.

I think this free version is a bit limited (can't configure much), the pro version is probably easier to work with Playmaker.

(If you just want to test it you can use the "Drag Rigidbody" script mentioned in that video to drag the cube and hit it against some other objects)