playMaker

Author Topic: Simple Intro Animation ... help [RETHINKED]  (Read 2143 times)

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
Simple Intro Animation ... help [RETHINKED]
« on: May 28, 2014, 08:51:20 AM »
Hey guys, i'm doing a very simple intro animation for a product demo. I created it in flash (see the GIF below) and want to recreate it with PlayMaker.
I prepared the different elements as separate objects (meshes) and i can access them individually. I already made the fade-ins, but i'm kinda confused with how to make the rotation of the watch, and how to ease it... I would like to use the  HOTween actions, but i cant find documentation and dont know how to do it.
Or maybe i should use the 'ease' commands, but which and how? hmm

I'm thankful for any advice.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:32:36 AM by clandestine »

Breadman

• Derp
Re: Simple Intro Animation ... help
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
You might be able to get some use out of the "iTween" actions - very handy for this type of animation. There's an iTween translate which you would use for the left/right motion of the elements, and there's also an iTween rotate which you could use for the watch spinning as it moves. The iTween actions come with lots of ease options, too!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:51:43 PM »
I'm curious why you wouldn't build this animation using the Unity animation window? Then you could use Playmaker to play the animation a the right time. It looks like a baked, non-interactive animation, so the Animation window might be the best place to author it...

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:43:45 AM »
@ Breadman: Thanks man, i wanted to avoid iTween since everyone says HOTween is way faster.

@Alex: I know, i know... just wanted to try it with PM, to learn. Will create each one with the Unity animator and piece them together with PM.
Thank you!