playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Following door tutorial... doesn't work?  (Read 2139 times)

ShinfoKensei

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED]Following door tutorial... doesn't work?
« on: May 01, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »

I followed that with my own door. I enter the area and nothing happens. I tried the alt click on each state, and it doesn't open. I'm confused. This is the first time I've actually used PM, despite having it for a couple of months.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:32:48 PM by ShinfoKensei »

ShinfoKensei

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Following door tutorial... doesn't work?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 06:00:20 PM »
Forgot to include this: http://i.imgur.com/hQI9MWT.png

ShinfoKensei

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
Ok so I put the door in again, without any PM states. Made the main animation Opening, which in the preview shows the door opening (did the animation in 3DS Max)... set to play automatically, and the animation doesn't play. I've never really dealt with animation before, so I'm confused as to why it's not working even then.

Edit: I managed to skip the animations and just add the door to an empty child object with its pivot point at the edge of the door, then use a Y rotation. It's not pretty, as there is no blend but it gets the job done I suppose.

So it repeats if my character is near the edge of the bounding box collider... is there an easy way to require a button press to open the door rather than automatically opening when I enter the trigger area?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:27:57 PM by ShinfoKensei »

Redhawk

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
See if this tutorial helps any.

ShinfoKensei

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
See if this tutorial helps any.

Hey man, thank you so much. That was perfect! Really appreciate it. :)