playMaker

Author Topic: Odd Playmaker Behaviour - I really need help [SOLVED]  (Read 3116 times)

cmy

• Playmaker Newbie
Odd Playmaker Behaviour - I really need help [SOLVED]
« on: May 18, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
So I have been using Playmaker regularly for the last 8 months or so. It's great. My project is getting more advanced by the day but Playmaker has been very reliable.

I've submitted these issues as official "Bug Reports" but I'm going to throw this out there to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Essentially what's happening is anytime I try to rename a state, it registers the first 1 or 2 characters then it quickly deselects itself. For a bit I was renaming my states by selecting it, typing quickly, reselecting, typing quickly again and eventually I'd get my state name changed.

Now the bigger problem is I also can't edit my templates. I can select one, create states/actions but anytime I try to type anything (state names, new variables etc.) the template disappears. It's driving me insane and has me in a tough spot.

I've loaded a backup project from about 48 hours ago and the problem is not there but I really don't want to go back and redo a bunch of work from the last few days.

Right when this started happening Arraymaker (which I also use) started getting these errors:

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/__internal__/Editor/PlayMakerArrayListProxyInspector.cs(20,22): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.Undo.RegisterUndo(UnityEngine.Object[], string)' is obsolete: `Use Undo.RecordObjects instead'

and also

Assets/PlayMaker NGUI/Scripts/Editor/NGuiEventsToPlaymakerFsmEventsInspector.cs(14,26): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.LookLikeInspector()' is obsolete: `LookLikeControls and LookLikeInspector modes are deprecated.'

I went in and made some of the syntax changes Unity recommended but it did not do much good.

I deleted Arraymaker and for a few brief minutes I had hope as the problem seemed to be fixed, Playmaker was running a bit quicker. I was editing templates and states no problem then it started to slow down, my state name changes were feeling laggy as I typed then suddenly the problem was back.

I've reinstalled Playmaker and Arraymaker, started a brand new project and copied all my contents into it. Problem is still there.

The only other plugins I use and are in the project are NGUI, Photon (through Playmaker), GoogleFu, RTS Camera and a small handful of other little scripts that have never caused any trouble. From what I can tell, the the project is pretty clean.

The project also builds/previews/plays with no problems, other than the Arraymaker syntax errors. I rely on Arraymaker for a fundamental mechanic in the game so removing it is not an option.

What could have happened to cause this? Can anyone offer advice?

I'm using Unity 4.3.4 and the latest Playmaker.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:26:38 PM by cmy »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Odd Playmaker Behaviour - I really need help
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »
Hi, I replied to the bug report...

cmy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Odd Playmaker Behaviour - I really need help
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 07:26:01 PM »
Problem solved. Thanks for the quick response Alex! If anyone is looking to use NGUI's UIStretch script in their scene, think twice. Playmaker hates it! If you are going to use it, be sure to toggle it off while editing.

So happy this is cleared up!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Odd Playmaker Behaviour - I really need help [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »
What version of NGUI are you using? It sounds like the UIStretch component is interfering with editor callbacks/focus in a way that breaks other editor tools...

I've contacted the author of NGUI so hopefully he can release a fix soon... I don't think there's a lot I can do about this on my end, but I'll investigate...

cmy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Odd Playmaker Behaviour - I really need help [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »
Hey Alex, I'm using NGUI 3.6.0 which is the latest I believe. It's from the asset store and it's updated.