playMaker

Author Topic: Using colour coded keys to a door?  (Read 1173 times)

Niro_Ikazuchi

• Playmaker Newbie
Using colour coded keys to a door?
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:06:01 AM »
So I'm trying to make a prototype that involves the player using a light device on an object to change the colour of the light, like clicking on a red candle and the players light turns red in response, then they can go up to a "red" door and it will open, either by clicking on it or by proximity trigger. I've searched for a few days now with multiple terms etc but no tutorial I've found even comes close to what I'm trying to do.
Thinking about it I would need to use bool's to determine whether the light is set to a colour like "Is Red" or "Is Blue", and if yes then open door.
 so I have two issues, how do i go about using a mouse pick event to change the colour of the players light, and then use this to determine if the player has the right coloured light so the trigger will open the door. programming is in no way my strong point when it comes to game's design but i need to learn this. can anyone assist me or point me in the direction of a useful tutorial that might be close to what I"m trying to achieve.
Thank you for any assistance. (sorry for the wall of text)