PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Official Action Updates

Conditional Expression Action (BETA)

<< < (3/9) > >>

Alex Chouls:
Great! Please also keep an eye on performance as you use this. I'll build a stress test to compare expressions to regular actions, but I'd also like real world tests...

Red:
This is fantastic! Many, many thanks to the developer!

One question... What if I wanted to get the "X" value of a vector2 variable (or vector3 variable) to test? Would it be something to simply extract and place into a float or would there be something like a "Vector2.x" or "Vector2[1]" kinda thing?

edit: using "Vector2.x", "Vector2[1]" and "Vector2{1}" all produce errors... So, can I get it to fetch the values within the expression itself or is this something that I'd do with an action external to this function? If the suggestion to me is to extract them separately, I'd love to suggest the ability to work with vectors (both 2 and 3)

gsmetzer:
I also agree with Jean that it would really expand functionality if we had different variable outputs.   I would love a similar math action where I could do things like, example:

(myFloat1 + myFloat2)/myInteger  = myOutput float

everyframe

Does that make sense? 
It could really cut down on the clicks and extra actions

Yanifska:
That would definitly help a lot !
+1 for math action

Red:
I think I may have stumbled on a potential bug here... Not sure if this is with the expression system itself or if it's with the prefab management thing but here goes the details.

I've noticed that sometimes the conditional expression doesn't always update the proper expression in the field when working with it as a prefab and adjusting or changing it. The expression shows the right one but it behaves like a previous change/edit/etc... The workaround I found was to simply remove that action and re-add it and put the expression in again which makes me think that there may be a bit of confusion in how the expressions are stashed and handled. It's not something I can easily reproduce but if I do come across it again I'll do what I can to save the information so that I can maybe post a package link.

Still, I can't say that this sours me on this system... It's fantastic! But as with it being beta I can totally understand how there may be some bugs to work out or that kinda thing (and it may not even be with the system itself but rather the prefab management thing that was (is?) an issue.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version