playMaker

Author Topic: Delay  (Read 5321 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Delay
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
Would it work to make a simple delay action so that if you have time sensitive action sequences you would not have to make transitions and separate States for it to work?

I set the Time on an Animation and then i turn the Animation off... if i put them in simple sequence it does not work as i guess it needs a bit of a delay between those actions.. So i have to make a separate State with a delay send event action.. I can make the action but does the execution of the list of actions actually work that way and would that just be a really bad thing?

Q

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Delay
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:33:02 PM »
You can't use "Wait"? That's what I use a lot and you don't have to transition into another state. You just put "Wait" after your animation is played, then after X amount of time has passed it goes to the next action.

Or am I missing what you are after?

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:22:29 AM »
Hmmm funny i did not see Wait in the Actions list for some reason... But i just tried it and it did not work.. I am not sure it stops the sequential execution of Actions in a State? That was kind of part of my question if this type of thing is even possible..

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
Yes i just tried a 10 sec wait followed by a 5 sec wait... they both start together so it does not stop the execution of the Action Sequence.. And maybe there is no way to do that although i should look at that action i guess..

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »
There is no way currently to wait between actions on the same state. You'd have to put each action in a separate state to make a sequence...

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »
Ok good to know thanks.. That is how i thought it worked... but the actions are executed sequentially because you can do math actions that rely on ones before them etc.... so why not a delay of some kind?

Q

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 07:47:56 PM »
Sorry I was mistaken then! I usually set it up between states because to me it makes it more readable but I thought I had tried the "Wait" between actions within a single state but I was wrong.

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »
Yea.. but like i said i am not sure how sequential things like working with variables works but not a delay??

Q