playMaker

Author Topic: global variable file not in download [SOLVED]  (Read 1993 times)

bentarthur

• Playmaker Newbie
global variable file not in download [SOLVED]
« on: May 11, 2014, 12:39:49 AM »
Hi, I'm relatively new to Unity, and I'm getting used to Playmaker, it seems like a fantastic tool to help me get used to the program and the scripting logic.

I'm having a problem where I cannot create a global variable, it throws the error that I need a PlayMakerGlobals.asset, which seems to be missing from my resource folder. I purchased Playmaker from the hutonggames website, and I checked the download file again to see if I missed a chance to import it, but it's not in any materials I have here. I have no problems with normal variables.

Any help is appreciated, and forgive me if the answer to this is something obvious, I'm still learning.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:45:43 AM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: global variable file not in download
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response. PlayMakerGlobals.asset should get created automatically the first time you make a global variable. Can you post a screenshot of the error...

bentarthur

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:40:24 AM »
Solved - I imported the Playmaker package into my project, but never put it in my Unity Standard Packages folder. I'm assuming that was the reason it couldn't create the global variable file. Now it works fine!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:45:28 AM »
Hmmm, it shouldn't make a difference - but glad you got it working  :)