playMaker

Author Topic: Rename the 'Details' Checkbox or Remove It  (Read 4044 times)

FelixDraconis

• Playmaker Newbie
Rename the 'Details' Checkbox or Remove It
« on: September 29, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
I've already had to troubleshoot several people (programmers and designers) who accidentally uncheck the 'Details' box and then don't understand why they can't edit their actions.

I suppose everyone will learn about the feature eventually, but the pattern is that users seem to waste about an hour before finding the right person to ask to come fix their editor. :/

(This is, admittedly, nowhere near as bad as the mysterious feature in Unity that lets you hide the properties of certain object types (Materials) by clicking in the title bar.  That one is more rare but I've had people spend hours trying to reinstall and update the editor before figuring that one out.)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Rename the 'Details' Checkbox or Remove It
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
I can see this. I wonder if putting it in the Settings menu instead (or as well?) would make it less likely to get checked accidentally.

Then again, I added that feature before actions were individually collapsible. It might make sense now to remove the option and instead have Settings menu options to Collapse/Expand All Actions...