playMaker

Author Topic: "Full network access" permission requested on Android  (Read 2020 times)

Bitterfish

• Playmaker Newbie
"Full network access" permission requested on Android
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:28:32 AM »
I have a game in the final stages of development, built entirely with PlayMaker & NGUI (so grateful for both of these awesome tools!). Testing on Android, I am getting a permission request for "Full network access" and I can't figure out what's causing it.

Well, I have a guess, but I am not 100% certain: The Photon Unity Network package is in the project -- though I honestly don't remember why. I tried to delete it, but I get an error from the 'NGuiEventsToPlaymakerFsmEvents' script (which I am using heavily, on all of my NGUI buttons).

I don't know enough about coding to figure out why that script needs Photon, but nothing else in the game uses networking in any way, shape, or form. Does anyone know if there is some change I can make to the script that will allow me to safely drop Photon & get rid of that one pesky permission?

Or might there be some other reason I haven't found yet for that permission to get triggered?

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: "Full network access" permission requested on Android
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:38:07 AM »
Hi,

You need to update your package for ngui support. Have you done that already?

Bye,

Jean

Bitterfish

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: "Full network access" permission requested on Android
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:42:40 AM »
Yes, it's been updated. As I said, I'm using the two packages pretty heavily. There are no issues with the functions or features of either, it's just requiring this one permission that I can't track down to a source.

Also not sure why that one script requires Photon, but if I delete the Photon folder from the project, that script throws an error & will no longer compile.