playMaker

Author Topic: Global Variables don't save on exit... [SOLVED]  (Read 3118 times)

wyliam

• Playmaker Newbie
Global Variables don't save on exit... [SOLVED]
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:40:56 PM »
I can create them, and assign them. But as soon as I close/reopen Unity, or build my project they're all lost.

I've tried forcing them to flag dirty by adding tooltip info, adding other bogus variable entries, and even assigning them in different states.

The tooltips WILL save, but the reference (they're all GameObject variables) wont. And whats odd is that they have saved before. It's just that this time they won't.

Any thoughts? I guess I could try a variety of names, as I currently use "name:name" or "name.name" (which works for my floats).

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:37:25 PM by wyliam »

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Global Variables don't save on exit...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
Doesn't seem like it's installed correctly? Have you tried creating a clean project, importing the PM 1.2 package and test creating global variables in there just to see if there's something messed up with the install in your project?

wyliam

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Global Variables don't save on exit...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »
Ah- so a key delta from my expectations of global variables. I was assigning them to objects already in the scene in the editor (that are around for the lifespan of my project). I've instead added a ton of "set variable" scripts to the init of my project to find them and fill them out (even though I know where/when they exist).

I wish that was a bit more obvious, but "them's-the-breaks"!

Thanks..
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:36:50 PM by wyliam »