playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger Enter Action - Not Triggering  (Read 2177 times)

mwitt8178

• Playmaker Newbie
Trigger Enter Action - Not Triggering
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:51:38 PM »
I am using a plugin purchased on the Unity Asset Store called "Curvy" which is a curved path tool that I use to move my gameobjects along a path. 

For testing purposes, I have created basic cube with a child camera attached, which move along my path.  At the end of my path, I have another cube which will be used as a trigger to switch the main camera with Playmaker action when collided with my camera cube. 

My camera cube has a rigidbody and box collider and my trigger cube has a box collider with the "is trigger" option selected.  When my camera cube collides with my trigger cube, Playmaker does not complete the trigger enter action and move past that state.

As a troubleshooting method, I applied a new custom c# script to my trigger cube and inside the "OnTriggerEnter" function, I ran a Debug.Log(col.gameObject.name);.  This debug shows the name of my camera cube, so I know that the two cubes have their trigger/physics options set correctly to detect collisions.

Why is it that Unity's "OnTriggerEnter" is detecting a collision but Playmaker Trigger Enter is not detecting a collision?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Trigger Enter Action - Not Triggering
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »
Are you using the Trigger Event action or the TRIGGER ENTER system event?

The TRIGGER ENTER system event works just like OnTriggerEnter.

Trigger Event can be customized more. If you're using that maybe it's not setup correctly - please post a screenshot.