playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Pathfinding Package Error when importing [Solved]  (Read 3443 times)

vonpopov

• Junior Playmaker
Hi,

Today i tryed to import Playmaker Pathfinding package into my project :
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1174

None of them are working.
All i get when i importing the package is :

Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker PathFinding/Agent/GetAgentNextOffMeshLinkData.cs(186,72): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' does not contain a definition for `endTransform' and no extension method `endTransform' of type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/PlayMaker PathFinding/Agent/GetAgentNextOffMeshLinkData.cs(181,74): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' does not contain a definition for `startTransform' and no extension method `startTransform' of type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/PlayMaker PathFinding/Agent/GetAgentNextOffMeshLinkData.cs(176,71): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' does not contain a definition for `navMeshLayer' and no extension method `navMeshLayer' of type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/PlayMaker PathFinding/Agent/GetAgentNextOffMeshLinkData.cs(171,78): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' does not contain a definition for `autoUpdatePositions' and no extension method `autoUpdatePositions' of type `UnityEngine.OffMeshLink' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I am using Unity 4.02 Pro.

Any tips ?
Regards

Nb : I don't know if i need them both, or just the one compatible unity4.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:09:12 PM by vonpopov »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Playmaker Pathfinding Package Error when importing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »
Hello,

I had one problem with "Unity 4.3.x Package" of pathfinding,
maybe this helps somehow:

After importing actions I got playmaker editor freezes.
Found a "solution" by deleting one action after another and came up the "NavMesh Find Closest Edge" action - deleted it and had no problems after that. I'm not using it so its ok for me:)

Hope you get the cure soon;)

And download the pack for Unity 4 only.

vonpopov

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
Hello,

I had one problem with "Unity 4.3.x Package" of pathfinding,
maybe this helps somehow:

After importing actions I got playmaker editor freezes.
Found a "solution" by deleting one action after another and came up the "NavMesh Find Closest Edge" action - deleted it and had no problems after that. I'm not using it so its ok for me:)

Hope you get the cure soon;)

And download the pack for Unity 4 only.

Thanks,
So, following your advice i should delete : UnityEngine.OffMeshLink

But as i am discovering Pathfinding, i have no idea how this action could be important. Plus, no action show up in the action browser at all, it crashs at compiling scripts.

:s

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:13 PM »
Try to uncheck that action on import window. To see if thats the reason and you can start pathfinding missing one action.

Good luck!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »
Note, the version numbers on the pathfinding packages represent the minimum version of Unity required. If you're using 4.0 import the 3.5 actions, NOT the 4.3 actions.

EDIT: I'd also recommend updating to Unity 4.3 if you can...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:47:08 PM by Alex Chouls »

vonpopov

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »
Note, the version numbers on the pathfinding packages represent the minimum version of Unity required. If you're using 4.0 import the 3.5 actions, NOT the 4.3 actions.

EDIT: I'd also recommend updating to Unity 4.3 if you can...

I feel rely like an idiot :( , i am gonna upgrade my unity so. Test it and told you

thanks you

vonpopov

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
You were right, once up to date 4.3, no problem anymore. You rock !!! thanks you