playMaker

Author Topic: Adding Controls to DF-GUI from Hashtable  (Read 1819 times)

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
Adding Controls to DF-GUI from Hashtable
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:27:37 PM »
Hi,
I have a hashtable (keys=0,1,2..). Using Playmaker I am looping through my hashtable (Hashtable Get Next) and adding a control to a scrollpanel (using Create Object, Set Parent like the Inventory example). My problem is that when the scrollpanel displays, the objects are in a seemingly random order. I need them to be displayed in the same order as the hashtable keys (one control per row).

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Adding Controls to DF-GUI from Hashtable
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 07:09:56 AM »
Hi,

HashTables are NOT ordered, it's by designed within the .net framework.

So you need to express your hash in two arrayList, one containing the keys and one containing the values, this way you can expect order

Does that make sense?

Bye,

Jean

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
Hi Jean,
That makes sense and I got it working. I guess it doesn't matter since it appears DF-GUI abandoned their product and their customers according to their response? on their forum. Not really sure if I should bother to build the rest out....

Thanks for your great help anyways.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 07:38:29 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, don't know what to think of it, and they released a totally unrelated asset and people are complaining there too because of untold watermaeks and all, I hope they will re evaluate customer services and how they deliver their product, cause it's very good and a lot of work into this!, it's a shame it would go down for silly things.

Bye,

Jean