playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker for beginners [SOLVED]  (Read 2166 times)

TheBadFeeling

• Junior Playmaker
ArrayMaker for beginners [SOLVED]
« on: August 10, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
Can anyone take a few minutes and explain what I have to do to set up an array with arraymaker? I mean, I read so much about it that by now I can succesfully create a list and read from it using C#. But I haven't got a clue how to do it with arraymaker, and so far all my attempts have been futile.

I'd appreciate any feedback, but preferably a detailed step-by step because I'm really not getting it. And yes, I did download the examples, but I cannot understand them.

Okay, so I start with ArrayList Create..?
"Game Object" is probably the object that holds the list..? But what is "Reference"? The name of the list? And what kind of variable should be used?
And what is the Proxy component?

What I need is to generate a simple list of string items and later check if certain items exist in it. Please help.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:44:37 AM by TheBadFeeling »
The Force is with you, young Playmaker – but you are not a C# senpai yet.

jess84

Re: ArrayMaker for beginners
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:14:25 PM »
On your GameObject to hold the array, you need to add the ArrayMaker Proxy Script component.

When you've done that, it'll have a box called 'Reference' type whatever you like - that is then the reference that you then use on the playmaker action to check that array.

Note you can have multiple arrays on 1 gameobject - you need to add an ArrayMaker Proxy script component for each array you want.

TheBadFeeling

• Junior Playmaker
Re: ArrayMaker for beginners
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »
Thanks for explaining. That works like a charm.  :D
It's all coming together now.

Thanks so much! I'll buy you a beer some day.  8)
/BF
The Force is with you, young Playmaker – but you are not a C# senpai yet.