playMaker

Author Topic: A few questions.  (Read 2689 times)

LudlowFx

A few questions.
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:02:57 AM »
Hi,

Well, I'm French so forgive me if I make mistakes. If you need me to repeat a specific part, do not hesitate to ask me, I will do my best.

Why not natively integrate all 2D actions in PlayMaker instead of proposing a package to share ?

I was thinking about a system to provide multiple languages ​​to players. When I develop without PlayMaker, i use SmartLocalization which is a really fabulous, easy to handle and mostly free asset. But integrate it into actions PlayMaker is not very easy i find  :-\

Have you ever thought to offer a native PlayMaker system for multi-language ? That would really be a huge plus for you, I think.

Thank you for reading me.

Best regards,
LudlowFx

Fahrettin

• Junior Playmaker
  • Noob
Re: A few questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
I agree it can be super if Playmaker has some language options or add-on. 
I have I2 Localization. I tried it but never used in a project. If i am not wrong you dont need any extra action or script to use it (except change language with button etc.) It auto change system/device language if you set in translated languages.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:33:23 PM »
Why not natively integrate all 2D actions in PlayMaker instead of proposing a package to share ?

To reduce the package size, mostly. Not everyone wants to use the 2D actions, or the Photon extension, etc... In their project... So they're separate addons that anyone can download as they are needed.

I was thinking about a system to provide multiple languages ​​to players. When I develop without PlayMaker, i use SmartLocalization which is a really fabulous, easy to handle and mostly free asset. But integrate it into actions PlayMaker is not very easy i find  :-\

You can contact the asset author and ask them to make actions, or request them on the forum. Jean generally does all of the extra addon actions and has a huge trello board with stuff that he is queued up to create.

Have you ever thought to offer a native PlayMaker system for multi-language ? That would really be a huge plus for you, I think.

Do you mean a built in localization kit for your project? That's not really in the Playmaker Scope... Playmaker itself has quite a bit of localization, you can change the language in the Preferences.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

LudlowFx

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 02:01:29 AM »
Quote from: Fahrettin
I agree it can be super if Playmaker has some language options or add-on. 
I have I2 Localization. I tried it but never used in a project. If i am not wrong you dont need any extra action or script to use it (except change language with button etc.) It auto change system/device language if you set in translated languages.

Hi Fahrettin,

Thank you for your message, I quickly looked at the possibilities of I2 Localization and indeed, it seems more interesting in the way it operates.

Quote from: Lane
To reduce the package size, mostly. Not everyone wants to use the 2D actions, or the Photon extension, etc... In their project... So they're separate addons that anyone can download as they are needed.

Hi Lane,

Okay, viewed in this way, I understand better now ^^

You can contact the asset author and ask them to make actions, or request them on the forum. Jean generally does all of the extra addon actions and has a huge trello board with stuff that he is queued up to create.

Good idea. I try to make by myself as to better see how it could be integrated, but it is a complex work to get something clean ^^

In addition, with version 4.6 of Unity3D happens soon many things will surely change in Playmaker and therefore in how to integrate SmartLocalization to it.

Do you mean a built in localization kit for your project? That's not really in the Playmaker Scope... Playmaker itself has quite a bit of localization, you can change the language in the Preferences.

I'm not sure I understand this sentence. Yes, I noticed that you offer PlayMaker interface in multiple languages, but that's not what I mean.

I mean, provide your users your own language system to allow users to create games with multiple languages​​. This is only a  idea heard ^^