playMaker

Author Topic: Cursor Flickering when hidden  (Read 4378 times)

ming

• Playmaker Newbie
Cursor Flickering when hidden
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
Hello all

im having an issue with SetMouseCursor, i want to hide the mouse cursor only (but NOT lock it)

to test it i made a  simple empty scene attach an fsm to the camera with 2 states 1 to hide the cursor and 1 to show it (both with globals to manually trigger them)

when i hide the cursor it flickers when over the game window, ive spent hours poking at it to no avail,

what i know so far is
lock cursor = hides cursor ? and locks it
hide cursor = flicker
lock and hide = ok
and i dont know if this may be another manifestation of it but after locking and hiding the cursor if i press escape to get the cursor back again it then flickers when not "hidden", any help much appreciated
thanks

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
Re: Cursor Flickering when hidden
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 10:04:58 PM »
I've noticed it doesn't work very well in the play window but when you build it will work. if it still is not hiding, I found this that works for me. Just throw the script on a game object.  http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/33570/how-to-hide-the-cursor.html

Quoted answer from the link: "If you want to hide the cursor through the entire game you should add the "Screen.showCursor = false"-code inside the Start function ;)"

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 11:51:04 PM »
Does this occur in your build or the editor?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

ming

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:57:17 AM »
Hello

thanks for your help, yes im in the editor i havent done a build of this project yet so maybe that will fix it, does this script work in the editor mode id love to get it to stop flickering so i can test properly, im developing for the oculus vr so flickering things flying about your head is annoying.   

HedgeWizard

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 08:07:33 PM »
Hi, a bit late for the gathering. I've had the same issue recently. It seems to be related to the PlayMakerGUI object (find it in you Object Hierarchy) When i delete it, the flickering stops. However its quite a persistant little imp, as it spawns itself when ever a change is made in Playmaker, just banish it again.

Hope this helps. 

Andrewociones

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 02:34:03 AM »
To fix the problem, find PlaymakerGUI on your scene( don't delete it ), then just uncheck control mouse cursor, and your problem will be solved.