playMaker

Author Topic: Error Building help?  (Read 2621 times)

RC

Error Building help?
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
Hi, can someone help me with this error, it started this morning. Ive tried reinstalling java, and sdk, and downgrading sdk, but still can't get ride of the error to built and test game.

Error building Player: Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javac.exe', CommandLine='-bootclasspath "C:/Android/sdk/platforms/android-20\android.jar" -d "C:\Users\rongconcrx\Documents\ New Game\Temp\StagingArea\bin\classes" -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -encoding UTF-8 "com\facebook\android\Manifest.java" "com\facebook\android\R.java" "GunSpoonStudio\com\ChickenWar\Manifest.java" "GunSpoonStudio\com\ChickenWar\R.java"', CurrentDirectory='C:\Users\rongconcrx\Documents\ New Game\Temp\StagingArea\gen'

Thanks

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Error Building help?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »
The backslashes to separate folders arent consistent, other than that I don't know. Nothing related to PM in the error.

Have you posted this on the Unity forums?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jess84

Re: Error Building help?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »
There are some versions of Java that are problematic. You should use 'jdk1.7.0_55'.

And there was something about setting up the paths to the right sub-folder of JDK.

I had that problem earlier in the year, but I can't remember the specifics to fix it now.

Edit:

(ignore the Java version, I'm just posting this for the Path environment info)

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/windows/jdk-installation-windows.html#path

You can run the JDK without setting the PATH environment variable, or you can optionally set it so that you can conveniently run the JDK executable files (javac.exe, java.exe, javadoc.exe, and so forth) from any directory without having to type the full path of the command. If you do not set the PATH variable, you need to specify the full path to the executable file every time you run it, such as:

C:\> "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin\javac" MyClass.java
It is useful to set the PATH variable permanently so it will persist after rebooting.

To set the PATH variable permanently, add the full path of the jdk1.7.0\bin directory to the PATH variable. Typically, this full path looks something like C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin. Set the PATH variable as follows on Microsoft Windows:

Click Start, then Control Panel, then System.

Click Advanced, then Environment Variables.

Add the location of the bin folder of the JDK installation for the PATH variable in System Variables. The following is a typical value for the PATH variable:

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:28:48 PM by jess84 »