playMaker

Author Topic: Sell an Asset that includes Playmaker FSM  (Read 1835 times)

Michaelb

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Sell an Asset that includes Playmaker FSM
« on: August 25, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »
Greetings to all , the best support forum i ever had so far ;)

I am making some Assets to sell on Unity Store.

They will all include playmaker FSMs in them.

I want to protect playmaker and not do anything that will send playmaker with the asset.

Is there a guide line i can follow? A tutorial?

I am following this guide from Unity itself.

Not a valid youtube URL
Thank you in advance

Michael.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:34:11 PM by Michaelb »

Red

Re: Sell an Asset that includes Playmaker FSM
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
It's actually simple. When you're exporting the package just make sure that you don't include anything in the PlayMaker folder. If the user that purchases it has PlayMaker installed then the connections to the actions should still be there when they do install your package.

That said, that's with stock actions. Any action that you download that doesn't come packaged with PlayMaker from the asset-store will need to be included. It may be a bit of a pain to click/unclick all those little checkboxes but it's necessary to prevent running afoul of the ToS of the Asset-store (as a seller.)

Edit: And be sure to state in the description that PlayMaker needs to be installed before installing the asset-package. Some users will probably not bother reading that bit but it does help since 90% of the issues I've had to help resolve were because the user hadn't had PlayMaker installed before installing the package. It's a simple fix but it's still time out of your day engaging with your customers.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:50:35 PM by Red »

Michaelb

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Sell an Asset that includes Playmaker FSM
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
Much appreciated for all the help Dear RED.

Will try and lets hope it works , so i dont bug you back  ;D