playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5 and Playmaker  (Read 3255 times)

lukew

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity 5 and Playmaker
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:50 PM »
Unity 5 beta for pre-order customers was announced today, it will be starting in the next 4-8 weeks.

Lucas Meijer: "We've shipped an internal beta this week, and we expect to ship the first betas to pre-order customers somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks from now."

I want to ask you about the Playmaker and Unity 5. Will the actual version of Playmaker (with basic actions) work with Unity 5 just from the beginning? Do you plan to release some bigger update to cover Unity 5 changes and features? Maybe you are already working on version 5 of the engine? What about the IL2CPP that is coming in Unity 5?

Can you tell us anything about your plans for Playmaker and Unity 5 please?

I'm working on a project in Unity 4 using Playmaker at this moment and I would love to switch to Unity 5 as soon as it will be possible. I'm sure there are many of people in same situation here :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:03:36 PM by lukew »

lukew

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Unity 5 and Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »
I'm replying to my own post but Alex posted this on the Unity forum. Sounds great!

Hi, we've been working with the Unity 5 alpha for quite some time. The next Playmaker update (currently in beta) is fully compatible with Unity 5. Unity has also been working hard to make sure Playmaker works with WebGL, and I just heard at Unite that Unity WebGL now supports Playmaker :)

You will not need to update any official actions manually. However custom actions that use depreciated properties or methods will need updating. Luckily Unity 5 has a handy built in script upgrade tool that can do this automatically.

We're very excited about Unity 5 and supporting all the great new features in the 5.x cycle in Playmaker!

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Unity 5 and Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:16:46 PM »
Awesome!